b.1994, Dera Ismail Khan, Pakistan. Based in Manchester, UK.
Freelance Illustrator & Printmaker, creating narratives and exploring the themes of home, identity, race, culture and mental health. Deconstructing and translating daily feelings, conversations and intimate thoughts into self-published printed matter.
- Creator of MAKE STUFF - Skill-share, community engagement, workshop facilitating.
- Publisher at Tender Hands Press - Small zines and DIY arts risograph distro for marginalised creatives.
- GTA at Manchester School of Art.
☞ For workshops, commissions or a chat:
✎ Self publishing:
- Jun 2018⌇Caramel: Like Our Skin, with Deena Khan.
- Apr 2018⌇(filling the) VOID
- Mar 2018⌇Shadow play
- Dec 2017⌇ Not A Real Person Yet
- Oct 2017⌇Goomshuda/ گم شدہ
- May 2017⌇Tesco Value Honey, with Najma Sardar.
- Oct 2016 ⌇ Human Sponge
- Aug 2016+⌇Feelings (on a film roll)
- Jun 2016 ⌇S(PACE) no. 1
- Jun 2016 ⌇Hallucinations
- Mar 2016⌇Home is where you are.
- Feb 2016 ⌇First Time.
- July 2015 ⌇Homeland.
- Sep 2015 ⌇After-effect, vol 2; Mother Tongue.
- Jun 2014 ⌇After-effect, vol 1; Skin.
- Jan 2012 ⌇You Don’t Know How Lucky You Are.
- Aug 2011⌇Memoir
✎ Collaborative zines:
- 2017+⌇MAKE STUFF, Creative skill-sharing workshops for anyone who seeks comfort through making.
- 2017⌇Creative50, Manchester International Festival.
- 2017+⌇Tender Hands Press - Risograph press + DIY arts distro, aiming to diversify print scene.
- 2016+⌇Poor Pals Club - A space supporting & showcasing work by struggling, northern creatives.
✄ Selected Group Exhibitions:
- 2018⌇We Are Here - British BME Women, LSE Library, London.
- 2017⌇Seen & Unseen: Women of colour exploring representation X Reconnecting Arts, Lancashire.
- 2017⌇Radical Love: Female Lust, The Crypt Gallery, London.
- 2017⌇What Does Our Future Hold?, Polyester Zine X The Coven X Dream Wife, London.
- 2016⌇Pankhurst in the Park: Bunny Collective Artists in Residence X Alexandra Arts, Manchester.
- 2016⌇Wonder Women: 'What is She Wearing?, Instigate Arts, Manchester Art Gallery.
- 2015⌇Soft Matter, Wonder Inn, Manchester.