Tender Hands is a DIY arts & zines bedroom press & distro, located in Manchester, UK. We print, sell, promote & distribute risograph printed matter, such as independent & self-published zines & chapbooks by creatives of colour, queer, non-binary & trans folks.
Send us: zines, chapbooks, patches, books, badges & prints up to A3 size. We love per-zines, DIYs & crafts, culture, sexuality, activism, feminism, politics, mental health, self-care, relationships, gender, class, disability, religion, friendship, lists, food/recipes, music, memories, plants, & more.
Please note: we will not respond to content that involves or advocates homo/bi/queer/trans-phobia, racism, sexism, body shaming, victim blaming & animal abuse.
Are you interested in us distributing your lovely creations? Then send us a sample of your work! You can post it to (or find us at a print fair):
Tender Hands Press, 76 Chervil Close, Manchester, M14 7DP, England, UK.
Please also include the following info:
- A little bio & the creation(s) you are sending
- Your contact details (email or address) & social media handles (so we can credit you)
- Your retail & wholesale prices (often 50% of retail price but happy to negotiate)
All samples can be returned. We purchase upfront & pay through PayPal.
- Max retail price for publications : £6
- Max retail price for prints: £10
- Max retail price for badges: £1
If you want us to print your work, then you can email us at:
We can print zines & posters in the following sizes & through the formats sent:
- A6, A5, A4, A3 (posters only)
- PDF, E-Pub, PSD or InDesign Files
- Original masters - physical copy or digital copy
- Folded or saddle stitched
When sending your content to print, remember to add information regarding the size, pages, paper printed on, number of copies & ink:
- you may see a few smudge marks that may go unnoticed when cleaning prints.
- often wobbly cuts & crops.
I am also open to any advice to improve the distro & happy to skill-share!